Christmas Coffee Cake
This is a family tradition. We make it every christmas eve. Without fail. For 60 years. I usually make a blueberry and a cherry one.
- 20-24 slices
- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1 pkg 3oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 cups bisquick *1/3 cup milk
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 1 large can cherry pie filling Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1pk 8oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Follow This Recipe
- Heat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Cut cream cheese and butter into baking mix.
- Stir in milk.
- Turn dough into well-floured board and knead lightly 8-10 times.
- Roll dough into 12′x8″ rectangle.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Blend all Cream Cheese Frosting Spread cream cheese filling down center of rectangle.
- Make cuts, 2 1/2″ long at 1″ intervals on each side of the rectangle.
- Fold strips over filling; sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Bake until golden 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes then carefully move to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Top with Cherry pie filling ProTips
You can make this the night before christmas up to step 11. I store it in the fridge covered in foil overnight. In the morning take it out and let it come to room temperature then top with the canned filling of your choice.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog