Chicken With Mushrooms in Red Wine
This is a family recipe. I’ll be honest, everyone else seems to be able to make this dish flawlessly. I sadly fail every time. I’ll keep trying though.
- 20 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4oz cremini or white mushrooms
- 1 3/4 ounce package of italian dressing mix
- 1 can small onions – if you can only find onions in vinegar that’s ok those will work.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
Follow This Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe casserole over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until brown, 3 to 5 minutes
- Add the salad dressing mix and onions and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in the wine and broth and cook until blended.
- Add the chicken to the casserole.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, turning pieces halfway through.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables. Increase heat to high and boil the sauce until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Pour over the chicken.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog