Balsamic, Dijon Chicken
This is a delicious good for you meal. I found it on Sally Heim’s live healthy website a long time ago and made it my own.
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar water
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 package of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion sliced
Follow This Recipe
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Pound the breasts thin and cut into servings. Set aside.
- In a blender place the garlic. basil, olive oil, vinegar, water and pulse until pureed.
- Salt and pepper the chicken slices
- Coat the chicken slices in Dijon mustard
- Place blender contents into the bottom of a pyrex pan.
- Place the chicken in the sauce and coat a few times by flipping the chicken over.
- If you have the time, place chicken mixture in the fridge for an hour to marinate.
- Remove from fridge and rest so the glass is not cold.
- Add sliced onions, mushrooms and basil to the top of the chicken and place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Add tomatoes, whole or sliced and bake for about 10 more minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with brown rice and a salad. ProTips
- This is a really simple meal with simple ingredients so quality is key. Splurge for a good balsamic or a rich dijon. It’ll be worth it I swear.
- I like my tomatoes under roasted and just ready to burst so I don’t like them in for too long. If you like yours roasted, put them in with the onions.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog