Chicken Tikka Masala
Different than Butter chicken but still one that the kids will eat.
- 15 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 Tbs olive oil Chicken Marinade
- 1.5 cups greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1.5 tbsp ginger minced
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper Tikka Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 can diced tomatoes, strained
- 1/4 tbsp honey
- 1.5 cups heavy cream or greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
Follow This Recipe
- Prepare the marinade for the sauce by mixing the ingredients in a bowl or a bag.
- Mix the chicken into the marinade ensuring it is fully coated. Marinate in the fridge for 1-6 hours. Longer is better
- Heat a skillet or sauce pot to medium-high heat.
- Put chicken from the bag/bowl into the skillet and heat until fully cooked.
- Make the sauce by melting the butter in a bowl.
- Add the paprika, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt to the melted butter.
- Stir and let the spices bloom for a few minutes.
- Add the mixture to the skillet.
- Add the tomatoes and honey and bring to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream a bit at a time and then simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice and/or naan bread
- This can also be made in the crockpot by putting everything from #4 on into the pot EXCEPT the cream. Add in 1/2 cup of chicken broth.Heat on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is soft and cooked through. When cooked, cool a bit by turning off the pot and then add the cream in slowly.
- roasted and chopped red peppers are a great add to this meal.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog