My Favorite Meatloaf
My kids love this meatloaf recipe. My friends love this recipe. Everyone loves this recipe. I got it off a website. I did not write down which one. If this is yours let me know and shout to the world that you’re a cooking genius.
- 15 minutes
- 45-60 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry panko breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. white vinegar
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 tsp instant coffee
Follow This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and curry.
- Add egg, water and milk and Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add meat and mix together until well combined.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place in dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Start the sauce and bring to a boil by putting all sauce ingredients into a medium sauce pan.
- Upon boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer. Keep the sauce warm.
- After 15 min, reduce heat to 400º Remove from the oven and pour off the fat.
- Return loaf to the oven and pour a little of the warm sauce over the loaf.
- Cook loaf until internal temp hits 165º, basting every 15 minutes with warm sauce.
- Serve sliced with extra sauce on top.
- The curry is the secret ingredient. It adds a warmth to the meatloaf that’s so good. Try it as written above and then adjust the amount to your liking. I usually double it.
- The sauce is sooo good and this recipe makes a lot. You should have enough to baste 3-4 times and then some for on top.
- Who has instant coffee these days!? I never do so I just use a tsp of coffee cold and left over from my morning pot. Works just as well.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog