Our go to Indian Food order. Had to learn how to make it for the kids.
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed - about 4 medium breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion - diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic - about 4 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter - cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk - do not use light coconut milk, as it will water down the sauce
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Follow This Recipe
- In a nonstick skillet or pot, heat the coconut oil over medium high. Once hot, add the onion and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry, garam masala, chili powder, salt, and tomato paste. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the onions to a bowl.
- In the same skillet or pot, cook the chicken until seared on all sides.
- Replace onions and spices to the pot.
- Melt the butter in the pot.
- Add tomato paste and fry a bit; for 30 sec or so.
- Add tomato sauce. Stir to combine all elements into a sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer the sauce and chicken for 20 min or until chicken is a temp and can be pulled apart with a fork.
- Lower the heat to low and let the sauce cool down a bit.
- Slowly stir in the coconut mil a bit at a time.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt. (Don’t stir in the yogurt if the sauce is still too hot, it will curdle.)
- Enjoy warm over brown rice, quinoa, or naan, sprinkled with fresh cilantro.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog