Sausage and Peppers
Sounds decadent doesn’t it? So one night I was going to make my Nane’s pasta with clam sauce, but I only had salmon. Then someone came over with a bottle of champagne. I thought, “mmm…can I find a recipe that fits all three?” The answer was, “with a little combination-yes”. So here’s the recipe, taken from a HG-TV recipe, a Food Network Recipe and my Nane’s recipe.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers (your choice of colors)
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 4 cups Marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
Follow This Recipe
- Cut the sausages into 2 inch pieces.
- Pan fry the sausage with the oil on medium heat until sausage is cooked. Drain oil from the pan.
- Add peppers and onions and continute to sauté for a few minutes stirring constantly.
- At this point, add marinara sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
The thing about this recipe is it’s easy to customize. We like it spicy so I always throw in some crushed red pepper flakes and serve either with pasta or a really good french bread. You can also go with sweeter and add fresh basil leaves and use a tomato vodka sauce with fresh tomatoes diced and added in. This way is good with pasta, I like a Manicotti or a Gemelli.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog