Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
One of my favorites. For a spicy uptick, add minced jalapeno to the rub mixture.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 large finely diced scallion
- black pepper
- sea salt
- sweet basil
- garlic powder or 2 finely minced cloves
- dill – just a dash
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Boneless pork chops 1 1/4” - 1 1/2” thick
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- toothpicks to hold the bacon
Follow This Recipe
- Combine all ingredients for rub in a bowl. Ingredients should be in pretty equal amounts except for those marked. Use just a splash of salt (no more than 1 tsp) because bacon will also provide some salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Unwrap pork chops and pat each dry with a paper towel.
- Add just a dash of olive oil to each pork chop and massage in.
- Rub each pork chop with a generous amount of rub on all sides. Set aside
- Slice onion into rounds 1/2″ thick each.
- Take one pork chop coated in rub, place onion on top.
- Using toothpicks to secure, wrap Bacon around the chop to secure the onion on. It may take more than one piece of bacon to wrap entire chop in a spiral. Repeat with all chops.
- Place pork chops in a glass dish or foil lined pan.
- While preheating, set your pork chops in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to rest.
- Place in the oven for bake in oven for 25-30 min. If using the BBQ, Pork chops should be cooked using foil on a grill with medium to medium low heat for 45 min- 1hour or until cooked though.
- Pork should be at an internal temp of 160 or until pork is the palest white/pink and moist. Remove toothpicks before serving (bacon will stay put) and allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes before serving to redistribute juices.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog