Asian Cucumber Salad
I’ve had a cucumber salad like this at many restaurants and it’s always so fresh and light. I love it.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt Salad
- 1 large cucumbers
- 1.5 green onions
Follow This Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. Set the dressing aside to give it time to blend.
- Peel and slice the cucumber using your favorite method (see photos below for my technique). Place the sliced cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Slice the green onions.
- Add the dressing, and green onions to the sliced cucumbers. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Give the salad a brief stir before serving to redistribute the dressing and flavors. ProTips
- The longer it’s in the fridge before serving the better.
- It’s easy to scale this up, but I make a small amount to make sure we eat it all.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog