This was my Nane’s recipe she made it all the time. So good.
- 4 to 6
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 2 cups of minute rice
- 1 egg
- 1 onion diced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
Follow This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- With a knife, cut out the core of the cabbage. Place in a large pot with about 3 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until leaves turn a little soft.
- Drain water off and rinse with cool water to speed cooking process.
- While cabbage is cooking prepare the 2 cups of rice. Set off to the side.
- In a bowl, mix 2 lbs of the raw meat with the 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Add 1 egg, chopped onion and salt, pepper and herbs to your liking. Mix everything well.
- Put 1/2 cup of marinara on the pottom of a casserole dish.
- Seperate cabbage leaves apart and add some filling to each leaf then roll it like a burrito and put into a casserole dish.
- Line all rolls up close togehter and pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake covered with foil for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I like to serve with pasta and sometimes with mashed potatoes.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog