I like sweet fish. I make a great pineapple salmon as well, but this is by far my favorite salmon recipe. Why? Because it’s like having a whole sushi dinner in your mouth at once. Delicious.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 4 Tbs. sake
- 3 Tbs. Honey
- 3 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp – 1 Tbs (depending on your taste)Wasabi paste
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. oil
- sesame seeds
Follow This Recipe
- Start by preparing your sauce so it’s ready for use when the time comes.
- Put the lime juice in a small bowl and slowly whisk hone through it.
- Stir in soy sauce, sake and wasabi paste.
- On the stove heat a high sided skillet with the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add salmon to the pan and sear each side for 1-3 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to medium or medium low and continue cooking the salmon until cooked through.
- Remove salmon from the pan and set on plate or a bed of rice.
- Add glaze to the skillet and simmer for one minute making sure to stir constantly.
- Sauce will thicken a bit. Ladle sauce over salmon and rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a lime wedge for garnish.
ProTip To complete the “sushi restaruant” taste this meal has to have steamed edemame as a side dish. There are tons of varieties that you can get from the frozen food section at the grocery store. Also I always use a sake in the dish that I can drink with dinner.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog