Minestrone a'la Aunt TT
For Christmas this year my family decided to make gifts for one another. My gift included all of the family soup recipes. I came across this minestrone soup recipe and though I’ve never really favored this soup, I thought I’d give it a try. I’m beyond glad that I did! It was rich, broth-y and filling. I loved it and you will too!
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 lb. of Italian bulk sausage
- 2-3 stalks celery diced
- 2 onions chopped
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 28oz can of italian diced tomatoes
- 2 8oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper ———————
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 can great northern beans (or cannellini if you prefer)
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- Parmesan cheese
Follow This Recipe
- Begin by browning and draining the Italian bulk sausage.
- Place browned sausage in a large stock pot with 3 cups of water on high heat.
- Boil for 8 minutes then add all of the ingredients above the dashed line.
- Reduce the pot to a simmer and cook for 1 hour (or as much as 6 hours).
- After the hour add the rest of the ingredients and the noodles.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour more or until macaroni is cooked.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and a good bread.
ProTip This recipe makes a ton of soup and it’s a filling soup at that. Luckly its a soup that freezes very, very well. Put any extras in a tuperware in the freezer. When ready to reheat, put it in a stock pot and add a little water on med heat. It will defrost nicely and taste wonderful.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog